Nutrition & Policy Infographics
NECO has collaborated with Dr. Natalie Riediger to share and display the 3 best infographics related to nutrition & policy from her Fall 2021 HNSC 4290: Food, Nutrition, and Health Policies class
Infographic by Viktoria Hergenreiter (She/Her):
(1) CBC/Radio Canada. (2015, May 27). 'out in the cold': NDP name Northern communities left out of food subsidy | CBC News. CBCnews. Retrieved October 16, 2021, from https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/ndp-name-northern-communities-left-out-of- nutrition-north-1.3088451.
(2) Government of Canada; Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada. (2020, February 26). Nutrition North Canada. Government of Canada; Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada. Retrieved October 16, 2021, from https://www.rcaanc-cirnac.gc.ca/eng/1576437858843/1576437881780.
(3) Government of Canada; Nutrition North Canada. (2021, August 10). Eligible communities. Government of Canada; Nutrition North Canada. Retrieved October 16, 2021, from https://www.nutritionnorthcanada.gc.ca/eng/1415540731169/1415540791407.
(4) Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario. (2011). First Nations, Inuit, and Métis resources. Toronto: Author. Retrieved from http://www.heartandstroke.on.ca/site/c.pvI3IeNWJwE/b.3581613/k.16/First_Nations_Inu it__M233tis_Resources.html
(5) St-Germain, A., Galloway, T., & Tarasuk, V. (2019). Food insecurity in Nunavut following the introduction of Nutrition North Canada. CMAJ, 191(20), E552–E558. https://www.cmaj.ca/content/cmaj/191/20/E552.full.pdf
(6) Turin, T. C., Saad, N., Jun, M., Tonelli, M., Ma, Z., Barnabe, C., Manns, B., & Hemmelgarn, B. (2016). Lifetime risk of diabetes among First Nations and non-First Nations people. CMAJ:Canadian Medical Association journal = journal de l'Association medicale canadienne, 188(16), 1147–1153. https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.150787
Infographic by Cameron Thomson:
(1) American Dental Association. (2018). Fluoridation Facts. American Dental Association. (There's a free eBook is accessible at https://ebooks-ada-org.uml.idm.oclc.org/fluoridationfacts/)
(2) Government of Canada. (2017, September 8). Fluoride and Oral Health. Retrieved from https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/healthy-living/your- health/environment/fluorides-human-health.html
(3) Public Health Agency of Canada. (2017, December 15). The State of Community Water Fluoridation across Canada. Retrieved from https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/hc- sc/documents/services/publications/healthy-living/community-water-fluoridation-across- canada-2017/community-water-fluoridation-across-canada-2017-eng.pdf
(4) U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Federal Panel on Community Water Fluoridation. (2015). U.S. Public Health Service Recommendation for Fluoride Concentration in Drinking Water for the Prevention of Dental Caries. Public Health Reports, 130(4), 318-331. doi:10.1177/003335491513000408
Infographic by Eliana Hotz (She/They):
(1) Canadian Institute for Health Information. (2021). National Health Expenditure Trends. https://www.cihi.ca/en/national-health-expenditure-trends.
(2) Elflein, J. (2021, May 20). Major cardiovascular diseases death rate: Canada 2000-2019. Statista. Retrieved October 9, 2021, from https://www.statista.com/statistics/434439/death-rate-for-major-cardiovascular-diseases-in-canada/.
(3) Job Bank of Canada. (2021, July 27). Registered Dietitian (RD) in Canada. Government of Canada. Retrieved October 9, 2021, from https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/outlook-occupation/4152/ca.